It’s that time of year when my home smells like cookies baking. I love Christmas food and desserts. It’s one of my favorite things. You don’t always have to bake in order to get into the Christmas spirit. A couple of years ago my son had a Christmas party in his classroom. Every kid had to bring homemade cookies to share with the class. One for each kid. We went through my recipes and I came across a recipe I had written down from my sister- in- law. Not sure where she found it, but it fit our needs perfect.
Here is what you need:
2 (6 ounce)
packages white chocolate baking squares, chopped
package Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
red sugar crystals
32 mini marshmallows (cut them in half)
64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
32 red-hot candies
1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate, stirring occasionally.
2. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate.
3. Place on wire racks.
4. For santa’s hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate.
5. Press one mini marshmallow off- center on hat for pom-pom. Make sure marshmallow is cut in half. Let it stand until set.
6. Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered.
7. Place on wire racks.
8. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for the eyes and a red-hot for the nose.
9. Place on waxed paper until chocolate sets.
Viola!!! There you have it. Cute little santa cookies with no baking involved.